Sneaky pumpkin muffins
These pumpkin muffins are great for lunchboxes or an after-school snack. The kids won't even notice that these savoury muffins are packed full of delicious pumpkin!
300g pumpkin, peeled and chopped
2 cups self-raising flour
¼ cup oil
1 cup cheese, grated
Extra grated cheese for topping
- Steam pumpkin for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Allow to cool then mash with ¼ cup of the cooking liquid.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and use an olive oil spray to grease the muffin pans.
- Combine the pumpkin mash, oil and eggs in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Sift flour into bowl, add cheese and stir or beat until just combined.
- Spoon into muffin pans and sprinkle with extra cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and a skewer inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
Recipe courtesy of Melissa Hughes for Kidspot