Anzac biscuits are a real kiwi classic, and easy to make over the school break!
2 cups rolled oats
2 cups plain flour
2 cups coconut
1⅓ cups sugar
4 Tbsps golden syrup
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 Tbsps boiling water
Preparation: 15min › Cook: 20min
- Turn oven to 160°C. Lightly grease oven trays.
- Place oats, flour, coconut, sugar in big mixing bowl.
- Melt butter and golden syrup in saucepan. Take off heat.
- Mix baking soda and boiling water in a cup. Add to melted butter mixture in the pan. Quickly add to big mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls. Place on trays 5cm apart. Press lightly with fork.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of kidspot
A printable version of this recipe will be available soon.