Apple spice biscuits
Great for lunch boxes or a tasty snack!
1¼ cups brown sugar, firmly packed
1/3 cup butter
¼ cup apple puree
¼ cup honey
2 egg whites, lightly beaten
2 ½ cups self raising flour
3 cups Rice Bubbles
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a cookie sheet with baking paper and set aside.
- Beat sugar and butter in a bowl with electric mixer until combined and light in colour.
- Stir in apple puree, honey and egg whites until well combined.
- Place the Rice Bubbles into a large plastic bag, secure and use a rolling pin to crush the cereal until the three cups of cereal are reduced to one cup.
- Stir in the crushed Rice Bubbles, sifted flour and spices and mix until well combined.
- Roll mixture into 5cm balls. Place on the cookie sheet and flatten each slightly with the back of a fork.
- Bake for approx. 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
Recipe courtesy of Ella Walsh for kidspot.co.nz