Banana animal pancakes
Looking for a cute, fun way to get the kids excited and involved in cooking? Why not make these healthy and adorable animal pancakes and let your creativity flow!
Servings: 8 pancakes
¾ cup milk
1 cup whole wheat flour/plain flour
1Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 ripe mashed banana
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Add milk and gently mix until combined.
- Add mashed banana and mix lightly until combined evenly through the batter.
- Once you have a smooth batter, pour portions of it onto a greased or non-stick pan over a low heat and cook for a few minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Repeat the steps and vary the amount of batter to create different shapes and sized pancakes for the animals.
- Top with fruits and decorate like your favourite animals!
Fruit, such as raspberries, strawberries or blueberries (to decorate your pancakes).
Recipe courtesy of Babysits.nz