A delicious and easy pancake recipe that is fast to get on the table and better tasting than any convenience pre-packaged mix.
1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
1 tbsp sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup (180ml) milk
50g butter, melted
Preparation: 5min › Cook: 10min › Ready in: 15min
- Gather all ingredients.
- In a bowl, whisk flour and sugar. Beat in the egg and then milk a little at a time until batter is smooth and lump-free.
- In a hot pan or flat grill over medium heat, brush butter over cooking surface and pour 1/4 cup measures for each pancake.
- When large bubbles form on the surface, flip the pancake over and cook until lightly golden on the other side.
- Try sprinkling freshly cooked pancakes with fresh lemon juice and a dusting of caster sugar.
- Maple syrup is always a favourite to serve with pancakes.