How good does this white Christmas pudding cheesecake look? Putting a spin on traditional Christmas pudding, it’s the perfect sweet treat for the whole family to indulge on this festive season.
1 sponge cake, about 25cm x 25cm
750g strawberries (about 3 punnets) hulled and halved plus a few extra to garnish
½ cup orange juice
250g blueberries, plus a few extra to garnish
3 cups custard
2 cups mascarpone
½ lemon, finely grated zest only
1 small handful candied petals to garnish
- Cut sponge into 4cm cubes and arrange half in the base of a large serving bowl.
- Place 2 punnets of strawberries, orange juice and liqueur, if using, in a blender and whizz to combine.
- Drizzle half over the sponge in the serving bowl, then layer over half the cut strawberries and blueberries.
- Whizz together custard, mascarpone and lemon zest.
- Layer half over the berries, then top with another layer of sponge and the remaining strawberry puree, cut strawberries and blueberries.
- Top with a second layer of custard mixture then sprinkle with extra berries and candied petals to serve.
Recipe courtesy of bite.co.nz