Blueberry and buttermilk muffins
Sometimes you just can't go past the simple pleasures in life - a perfect blueberry muffin, for instance!
1½ cups wholemeal self-raising flour
1 cup self-raising flour
¾ cup brown sugar
1½ cups buttermilk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cups blueberries (or other berries of choice)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line 12-hole muffin/cupcake pan with paper cases.
- Mix flour and sugar together in a bowl.
- Pour buttermilk, eggs and oil into another bowl and whisk with a fork until just combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Add berries and stir.
- Spoon into paper cases and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
Recipe courtesy of Alana House for Kidspot
For a printable version of this recipe click here!