Blueberry overnight oats
Easy, tasty, filling and healthy - what more could you want?
1 cup traditional oats
¼ tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 cup (125ml) milk
2/3 cup (160ml) water
1 tbsp honey
2/3 cup (90g) fresh blueberries
2 tsp (10g) toasted almonds
- Place all ingredients into a bowl (except almonds) and mix well.
- Divide into 2 bowls or jars (jars are fantastic for brekkies on the run), cover and place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, top with almonds and eat, eat, eat. If you like more liquidy mixture, add a little more milk.
- Feel free to add a dollop of yoghurt, it’s lovely!
- Works with just about any fruit - strawberries, raspberries and even bananas (in fact mashed banana is wonderful to add more sweetness).
- I’ve used almonds but mix it up with the nuts - try some walnuts, hazelnuts or pecans.