Cheese and tomato finger puffs
Conquer this basic model of finger puffs and you could start adding all sorts of ingredients into the mix.
2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
1 tablespoon tomato pasta
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1 egg, beaten lightly
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Spread the tomato across one sheet of the puff pastry, making sure to cover all the edges.
- Sprinkle the cheese across the tomato-covered sheet of pastry. Gently lie the second sheet of pastry on top of the cheesey pastry.
- Using a sharp knife, gently cut the pastry in half and then cut each half into twelve strips.
- Lie the strips on a baking sheet, being sure to give each enough room to puff up in the oven.
- Brush the pastry strips with the beaten egg and sprinkle a little more cheese across the tops and then place into the hot oven to bake for approx. 15 mins or until the pastry becomes golden and puffed up.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot or cold.
Recipe courtesy of Ella Walsh for kidspot.co.nz