Chocolate brain cakes
Creepy but lovely chocolate cupcakes for the trick or treaters!
150g self-raising flour
½ cup Cadbury Bournville Cocoa powder
125g butter, softened
150g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs, lightly beaten
⅔ cup milk
250g block Philadelphia cream cheese, chopped
225g Cadbury white chocolate baking melts
Red writing icing
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced).
- Sift the flour and cocoa into a large bowl, add the butter, sugar, vanilla, eggs and milk, then mix to combine.
- Spoon into 12 muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes (or until cooked when tested).
- Cool completely on wire racks before decorating.
- Combine the Philadelphia and chocolate melts in a bowl and stir over gently simmering water until smooth.
- Allow the mixture to cool a little until firm enough to pipe.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag with a plain nozzle, then pipe onto each cake to resemble 2 halves of a brain.
Decorating and storage:
- Use the red writing icing to make blood vessels.
- Serve immediately or store chilled, in an airtight container until required.
Original recipe courtesy of cadbury.co.nz