These spooky edible eyeballs are ideal for kids who are more into the trick than the treat! They look impressive but they’re actually quite easy to make!
1¼ cup white cooking chocolate
¼ cup of cream/heavy cream
Pinch of fine salt
30 large chocolate chips or chocolate drops
1 Tbsp red food colouring
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place white chocolate, cream and salt in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Place the chocolate mixture in the refrigerator and chill until firm, for at least 1 hour 30 minutes and up to 2 days.
- Roll the chocolate mixture into small balls (about 1 teaspoon each) and place on the lined baking tray.
- Press one chocolate chip, pointed-side down, into the top of each ball.
- Dip the tip of a toothpick in the food colouring to draw veins around the chocolate chip.
Recipe courtesy of realsimplefood.com