Chocolate feijoa cake
A magical combination of rich cocoa and feijoa pulp baked to perfection!
Serves: 8 portions
1½ cups flour
½ cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
¾ cup butter, softened
¾ cup sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1½ cups feijoa pulp, pureed
½ cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until creamy using a hand mixer.
- Slowly add eggs to butter and sugar. mixture until combined.
- Stir pureed feijoas into to the creamed butter mixture.
- In a seperate bowl sift together the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Gently fold and combine sifted flour mixture and sour cream into the feijoa and butter mixture until well incorporated.
- Place in a lightly greased 9 inch round spring form pan then bake for 50 minutes to an hour or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let it cool then you can add any icing you want or just enjoy it on its own.
Recipe courtesy of angsarap.net