Chocolate slime tart
Quick and easy no-bake desert to make your Halloween party go with a swing!
For the base:
200g Oreo cookies
50g unsalted butter, melted
For the slime:
2 x 150g pots of ready-to-eat custard
1 tsp green gel food colour
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the chocolate topping:
100g dark chocolate, chopped
100g milk chocolate, chopped
175ml fresh cream
40g unsalted butter
50g white chocolate, melted
- Put the biscuits in a food processor, blitz to crumbs, then stir in the butter. Press firmly into the base and sides of a loose-bottomed 23cm tart tin. Put in the freezer while you make the ‘slime’.
- Mix the custard with the food colour and the vanilla. Pour this onto the chilled base and return to the freezer for at least 40 mins or until firm.
- Meanwhile, put the dark and milk chocolate in a bowl. Heat the cream and butter in a pan over a low heat. Once the butter is melted, remove from the heat and pour over the chocolate, stirring until melted. Cool for 5 mins, then pour over the frozen slime base.
- Meanwhile, put the melted white chocolate into a piping bag and pipe a spiral on top of the tart. Drag a cocktail stick through the spiral at regular intervals to create a web.
- Use any remaining white chocolate to make a spider, if you like. Pipe a circle onto nonstick baking paper, then 8 legs. Use the cocktail stick to dot on a little chocolate topping for eyes. Chill to set while the tart cools, then remove the paper and lay the spider on the web. Chill the tart until ready to serve.
- Before serving, leave the tart at room temperature for 15-20 mins until easy to slice.
Tip: Watch this handy video showing you how to fill a piping bag.
Original recipe courtesy of tesco.com