Cranberry Christmas truffles
Truffles are a traditional treat in many households during the festive season, so we just had to share this yummy chocolate-cranberry flavoured recipe with you all!
1½ cups milk powder
4 tbsps brown sugar
2 tbsps cocoa powder, plus extra to coat the truffles
1 cup sultanas
½ cup dried cranberries
4 tbsps milk
2 tbsps butter
icing sugar to coat the truffles
- Place the first 5 ingredients (milk powder, brown sugar, cocoa powder, sultanas, cranberries) in a large bowl.
- Heat the milk and butter together very gently until the butter melts. Do not boil.
- Pour this over the cocoa mixture. Mix well together.
- If the mixture is too weak, add a little more milk powder.
- Roll into small balls, about walnut size – these truffles are rich.
- Roll them in the additional cocoa or icing sugar and then gently cover.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container to be eaten when desired.
Recipe courtesy of bite.co.nz