Creamy tuna, pea and capsicum pasta
A quick and easy meal the whole family will love.
500g pasta, any shape
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
425g tin tuna in spring water
1/3 cup roasted capsicum pieces in oil, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup cream
½ teaspoon salt
50g parmesan or mozzarella cheese, finely grated
- Bring a large saucepan of water with 1 teaspoon salt to a rolling boil.
- Cook pasta according to packet directions, drain and set aside.
- Bring a medium-sized saucepan to low to medium heat.
- Add oil and sauté garlic for a minute without browning
- Add capsicum and tomato and cook until tomato is soft (about 3 minutes).
- Stir in cream and peas and allow to simmer for 3 minutes until the flavours are infused and the peas are warmed through.
- Stir in tuna and toss together with pasta.
- Serve immediately with cheese.
Recipe courtesy of Kristine Duran-Thiessen for kidspot.co.nz