Crisp blueberry oat slice
1½ cups oats
1¼ cups plain flour
⅔ cup brown sugar, loosely packed
¼ tsp salt
125g butter, melted
1½ cups frozen blueberries
1 tbsp cornflour
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp caster sugar
icing sugar to dust
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Grease and line a 20cm x 30cm tin with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the oats, flour, brown sugar and salt. Add the melted butter and mix until it clumps together. Add a bit more flour if it looks too moist. Set half a cup, or a bit more, aside of this crumble mix.
- Press the rest of the mixture evenly into the prepared tin.
- Spread half the blueberries over the base and sprinkle over cornflour, lemon juice and a tablespoon of caster sugar. Spread the remaining fruit over, then sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of sugar. Finally, evenly scatter over the reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the fruit is bubbly and the crumb topping is golden.
- Cool the slice for 10 minutes, then place in the fridge to crispen. Cut into squares and dust with icing sugar.
- Store in the fridge for a crisper version or at room temperature if you like it softer.
Recipe courtesy of countdown.co.nz