Delicious easy feijoa muffins, made with coconut and lemon to bring out the fragrant feijoa flavour.
220g feijoa flesh (about 7-8 feijoas)
1 lemon - zest and juice
½ cup melted butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup dessicated coconut
1½ cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Scoop out the flesh of the feijoas into a medium sized bowl and mash roughly with a fork.
- Add, oil, egg, juice and zest of lemon, and vanilla to the mashed feijoa. Combine well with a whisk or fork.
- In a second larger bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, brown sugar and coconut. Do this with a whisk to ensure they are combined and any lumps of brown sugar or coconut are broken up.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently combine with a wooden spoon or spatula to make the feijoa muffin batter.
- Spoon the feijoa muffin batter into a 12 portion muffin tin lined with greaseproof baking cases.
- optional extra: scoop the flesh from a couple of feijoas and slice thinly. Gently push into the top of the muffin and sprinkle with a little brown sugar.
- Bake at 180 degrees for approximately 25 minutes
Recipe courtesy of mykidslickthebowl.com