Ham and cream-cheese pinwheel sandwiches
A fun alternative to a traditional sandwich - fun to make and great to eat!
2 slices bread
4 slices wafer-thin ham
low fat cream cheese to spread
- Cut the crusts off the bread. Use a rolling pin to flatten the bread down really well.
- Spread each slice of bread with a thin layer of cream cheese.
- Top with two slices of ham per bread slice.
- Roll the bread 'sushi-style' into two tight rolls.
- Slice into three pieces and push back together into a roll.
- Roll each roll in a square of baking paper just a little larger than a slice of bread.
- Twist each end like a sweet so the rolls are secured and place into the fridge until you are ready to serve.
Recipe courtesy of kidspot.co.nz