Hot cross cookies
Bored of buns? Try these cute cookies instead - sure to become a family favourite!
200g softened butter
100g light brown sugar
250g plain flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
200g white chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Lightly butter a few baking trays.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar and egg until smooth.
- Sift in the flour, cinnamon and baking powder, then combine to make a dough.
- Add the sultanas and 100g of the white chocolate, and mix to combine.
- Roll lumps of dough into balls the size of golf balls. Flatten these onto the trays, leaving enough space between each for them to expand.
- Bake for 10 mins until golden (you may have to do this in batches).
- Remove the cookies from the trays and cool on wire racks.
- Melt the remaining white chocolate in the microwave on Low in 20-second bursts.
- Using a small piping bag or a teaspoon, carefully drizzle a cross on top of each cookie. Leave to set before eating.
These cookies can be stored in a cookie jar for up to 3 days.
Recipe courtesy of BBC Good Food