Meaty baked bean pots
This dish is perfect for the cold weather – full of meat and beans and garnished with cheese, it’s sure to warm you up from the inside out!
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
500g lamb mince
1 red onion (cut into wedges)
2 garlic cloves (crushed)
750ml salt-reduced passata
1 cup chopped tomato
400g canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
¼ cup parsley (finely chopped)
¼ cup feta (crumbled)
¼ tsp smoked paprika (optional)
Preparation: 10 min> Cook: 30min
- Preheat oven/grill to 180 degrees C.
- Heat half the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, brown mince and set aside.
- Heat remaining half of oil and add red onion, garlic and paprika. Cook until tender.
- Add passata, mince, tomatoes, beans and parsley. Stir well.
- Cover and bring to a gentle simmer until meat is cooked through. Season to taste.
- Spoon into individual ramekins and sprinkle with cheese, place in preheated oven/grill for 10-15 minutes until cheese has melted and is starting to lightly brown.
- Take out of oven, let cool for 5-10 minutes and serve with a side of steamed vegetables.
Recipe courtesy of kidspot.com