Satisfy the savoury lovers this Halloween with these quirky and tasty cheesy pastry snakes.
320g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
50g grated parmesan or cheese of choice
Flour, for dusting
1 egg, beaten
Poppy seeds, sesame seeds (or similar) to decorate
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan forced).
- Unroll the pastry and top with a couple of handfuls of parmesan, then fold in half.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the pastry out to a thickness of 2mm.
- Cut into 1cm trips, then twist each strip several times to form a snake.
- Lay out the snakes on a baking sheet, then brush each one with egg and sprinkle with more cheese.
- To decorate, scatter over the seeds.
- Flatten one end of each snake and press in two peppercorns for eyes.
- Bake 12-14 minutes, or until golden.
- Leave to cool. These will keep for two days in an airtight container.
Recipe courtesy of bbcgoodfood.com