Pavlova ice cream jars
Crunchy meringues, vanilla ice cream and layers of homemade raspberry puree and passionfruit pulp make this an irresistible dessert.
250g frozen raspberries
¼ cup (55g) caster (super fine) sugar
1 litre vanilla ice cream
10 store-bought meringues, crushed
½ cup (80ml) passionfruit pulp
- Place the raspberries and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved
- Increase the heat to high, bring to the boil and cook for 2-3 minutes or until thickened slightly
- Allow to cool completely before passing through a sieve
- Place the ice cream in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 30 seconds or until just softened
- Fold through the crushed meringue and spoon into 6 x 1 cup capacity (250ml) jars, layering with the raspberry puree and passionfruit pulp
- Freeze for 2-3 hours or until set.
Recipe courtesy of Donna Hay