These cupcakes look amazing and are simple to make. Why not change the colours to match your next party theme or favourite football team?
1/2 cup (125g) caster sugar
125g unsalted butter
1 cup (125g) self-raising flour
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
3 tablespoons milk
4 bottles food colouring, red, blue, yellow, green
Preparation: 30min › Cook: 15min › Ready in: 45min
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees centigrade.
- Line a 12 hole cupcake tray with cake cases.
- Cream the sugar and butter until pale and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs in one at a time adding a little flour in each time until the ingredients are mixed.
- Add the vanilla essence and mix. Then add the milk 1 tablespoon at a time mixing after each addition.
- Divide the mixture into 6 bowls:
In Bowl 1 - Add half a cap of red colouring
In Bowl 2 - Add half a cap of red and half a cap of yellow
In Bowl 3 - Add half a cap of yellow
In Bowl 4 - Add half a cap of green
In Bowl 5 - Add half a cap of blue
In Bowl 6 - Add half a cap of blue and half a cap of red
Mix colouring into each mixture after adding.
- Divide the purple mixture between the 12 cases. Repeat with the other mixtures in this order: Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.