Red velvet cupcakes
Here’s a cute and tasty way to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your friends and family!
Makes: 18 cupcakes
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
¾ cup sugar
½ teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
50ml cooking oil
Red food colouring
For decorating: icing, fondant
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Prepare muffin tins by lining with baking cups - you can even find heart shaped cupcake liners like we used!
- Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Using a mixer, mix the butter and sugar on medium speed for a few minutes, until smooth.
- Add the egg, oil, vanilla, and food colouring - continue mixing until smooth.
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients and milk, mixing until just combined.
- Divide the mixture between your baking cups and bake for 15 minutes at 180°C or until a toothpick or fork comes out dry.
- Once cooled, top with your favourite icing. You can have fun decorating by drawing hearts or a cute message! We used fondant to create cute hearts.
Recipe courtesy of babysits.nz