Sour cream fish cakes
Put a spicy spin on your favourite fish by making these light, delicious little fish cakes.
600g firm fish fillets (we used Gurnard) roughly chopped
100g green beans, trimmed and chopped
4 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
1 green or red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley leaves
Zest and juice of 1 lime or lemon
2 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
1 tablespoon fish sauce
125g Meadow Fresh Sour Cream
Oil for frying
- Place the fish in a food processor and process until chopped. I like to leave it still a little chunky for texture.
- Add the green beans, spring onion, chilli, parsley, zest and juice of lime, curry paste, egg and fish sauce.
- Process until just combined.
- Place in a bowl and mix through the sour cream.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add enough oil to just cover the base of the frying pan.
- When hot, drop spoonfuls of the fish mixture into the pan and cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until they are only just cooked.
- Remove from the frying pan and drain on kitchen paper.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Serve fish cakes with a salad of rocket and cherry tomatoes dressed with a lemon vinaigrette.
Recipe courtesy of meadowfresh.co.nz