Spooky Halloween waffles
Looking for a spooky, sweet treat to celebrate Halloween this year? These bat-themed waffles are sure to excite the kids! Simple to make, they are perfect to get the family into the Halloween mood.
½ cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 cup cocoa powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1½ tablespoons baking powder
¾ cup oil
2½ cups milk
Toppings: grapes, berries, oranges, bananas, chocolate syrup
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl, meanwhile heat a waffle iron.
- Stir in the milk, eggs and oil, and mix until smooth.
- Grease the waffle iron and pour the batter into the iron. Cook for 2-3 minutes, depending on the warmth of the iron.
- Cut the finished waffle into triangles and arrange in a bat shape.
- Finally, top with fruit. Here, the kids can have fun using the toppings to give the bat a cute face! You can also serve with some oranges for a fun, pumpkin-like decoration or create ghosts with some banana and raisins.
Recipe courtesy of babysits.nz