No-churn strawberry and white chocolate ice cream
Making a delicious tub of creamy, homemade ice cream doesn’t come any easier than this! You don’t need an ice cream maker for this recipe – simply combine all the divine ingredients and let the freezer do the rest of the work.
Makes: 1 litre
2 cups strawberries, chopped (can be fresh or frozen)
¼ cup sugar
Squeeze of lemon juice
1 cup cream
1 tin condensed milk
½ cup white chocolate, chopped small
2 Tbsp crushed freeze-dried strawberries (optional)
2 Tbsp shred coconut (optional)
- In a small saucepan, bring the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice to a simmer. Cook until the fruit is well-broken down – about 7-9 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a bowl, whip the cream and mascarpone to soft-peak stage.
- Slowly pour in the condensed milk and continue to beat until it reaches stiff peaks.
- Gently fold in the white chocolate and ½ cup of the fruit puree, being careful not to overmix and thus keeping the ripple effect.
- Scrape into a large loaf tin, or similar, and swirl in some more puree for the top.
- Sprinkle over crushed freeze-dried berries and coconut if using.
- Freeze overnight.
Recipe courtesy of Food to Love