Tandoori style Chicken Skewers with a Curry Yoghurt Sauce
Spice up everyday family dinners with this delicious recipe for Indian-inspired chicken skewers. The yoghurt adds a great nutrition boost, too - perfect for a growing family.
12 wooden skewers
½ cup Fresh Mango Yoghurt
1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
½ teaspoon ground coriander
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground turmeric
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon flaky sea salt
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime or ½ a lemon
4 small chicken breasts, skinned and boned, cut into 2.5-3cm pieces
Curry Yoghurt Sauce:
3 tablespoons Greek Style Unsweetened Yoghurt
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
½ teaspoon curry powder
¼ cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Soak wooden skewers in cold water (this helps to prevent burning).
- In a bowl whisk together the yoghurt, ginger, spices and salt. Add the lime or lemon zest.
- Add the chicken pieces and mix well. Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 1 hour.
- Now mix the curry yoghurt sauce. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Heat a chargrill pan or your barbecue plate until medium-hot.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto the soaked wooden skewers. Place on the hot grill and grill for about 3 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through. Place on a serving plate and drizzle over the lime or lemon juice.
- Serve with the curry yoghurt sauce, steamed rice and naan bread. Extra limes are good too.
Recipe courtesy of meadowfresh.co.nz