There’s so much goodness in dairy and it all starts with milk!
Did moo know that people have been eating and drinking dairy products for thousands of years? Dairy products like milk, yoghurt and cheese are full of nutrients that are essential for strong bones, teeth and healthy hearts. It’s recommended that growing Kiwi kids have 2-3 servings of dairy products every day! Some of the nutrients include:
- Calcium to help grow strong bones and teeth.
- Protein to help your body to grow and repair.
- Vitamin A to help maintain good eyesight and fight infections.
- Vitamin B12 to help keep your blood and nerves healthy.
- Vitamin D to help your body absorb calcium and aids with digestion.
Dairy products like cream, ice cream and butter are what I’d call a ‘sometimes food’ because they have a higher fat content and often have other ingredients added to them. But don’t worry, they still have the good nutrients in them too.
Want to find out more about the different types of dairy products? Click on the pictures below to read the facts I’ve been collecting!